Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cottage in Angelsea - Part 2

So Saturday, we had breakfast and then headed for Otway National Park for their rainforest treetop walk. I had no idea what to expect, but they had told me it would take about two hours to drive there. I was unfortunately in the back seat crammed in between two car seats. Although the Great Ocean Road is absolutely beautiful and has some of the most beautiful views I’ve ever seen in my life, that trip is also the most carsick i have ever been. Google the Great Ocean Road and you will get an idea of what I mean, the windiest of roads. But again, SO breathtaking. We stopped a few times to get some fresh air and at times the views are how I imagine New Zealand to look. So lush and green, with sheep and cows on these majestic hillsides. Wow.

So we made it to the Treetop Adventure and had a quick lunch and then began our walk through the rainforest. I’m fairly certain this was my first rainforest experience. They’ve built these crazy steel walkways at treetop level, so you can walk through and experience the rainforest in a totally different way. At one part of the walk there was a spiral staircase built that you can climb even higher up, very cool. The lighting was a little tricky for photos, but i think these turned out alright.

Then we headed back another two hours, again the most carsick I’ve ever been. Couldn’t figure out if it was better to have my eyes closed or open...the worst. But again, saw some incredible views, so it ended up being worth it. That night and the rest of the weekend I just relaxed at the cottage and read. I’m almost finished “Captivating” by John and Stasi Eldredge for the second time. Honestly, it gets better each time I read it. It’s one of those books that I want to read like every couple years.

crazy architecture




pit stop

another pit stop
















me & Bianca






pulled over the car for this view.



No comments:

Post a Comment