Saturday, August 18, 2012

Arrivals

Left Toronto at 6:30pm on Tuesday August 14. Flew 5ish hours to LA and made it right on time to my next flight. Had to get from Terminal 2 to Terminal 7. Glad I had a two hour "layover"...

Then began my 14 hour flight to Sydney. As I got settled into my seat, I prayed that the two empty spots between me and another man would stay empty, and then did. This was excellent. I full-on stretched out my legs for almost the entire flight, and slept for most of it. I was amazed! Put in my headphones when we took off and woke up like 5 hours later and had been listening to the same Jesus Culture album the entire time. Haha spirit foooooooood. Love it. Woke up and a discovered that I only had an hour to go. There weren't any personal TVs on this flight, so I was pretty glad to have slept through most of it.

Landed in Sydney and made my way to the next gate for my final flight to Melbourne. 
Gorgeous sunrise:


My au pair family picked me up at the airport and we went back to their home in Sandringham, about 40 mins from the airport. Here's a couple shots of their beautiful home. You can definitely tell that they lived in Sweden for a while. I sometimes feel like I'm living in IKEA :)

My room:





Rest of the house:



MOST delicious yogurt:


Their Keeshond named cody.


Walking the dog...


Australian homes have the neatest mailboxes!



Home :)


Words cannot describe its nastiness...


No comments:

Post a Comment