Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Free From Death

I'd like to share my "Life Journal" thoughts from last night with all my faithful followers because it was a pretty big revelation for me and I thought, hmm maybe someone else could learn from it too!

July 5, 2010 - Hebrews 2:15

"...He too shared in their humanity so that by His death He might...free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death..."

A lot of my thought space goes to worrying about death and the possibility of not living a long life. i want to experience so many things and I get caught up n thinking that people die younger and younger all the time simply because of how the world is today. But the reason Jesus came and died for us was so that he could free me from this trap I'm in. I can't live my life worrying that it will be cut short.

Thank you God for sending Jesus! I don't have to fret or even be concerned because Jesus came to abolish my fears and give me freedom. I am free from sin and death.

The little study note led me to 1 Corinthians 15:54-57 which says,
"Oh death, where is your victory?
Oh death, where is your sting?"

This is such a powerful reminder that God is in control. He has conquered death, so I don't have to live in fear of it.

I am free to live!

ps: check out "Christ is Risen" by Matt Maher

1 comment:

  1. So good Kaitlin...I know that trap, so thanks for the reminder :) Free!

    From Heidi

    ReplyDelete