Friday, June 11, 2010

She & Him LIVE!

SoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo the other day I was listening to my friend's radio show, Pull The Plug, on Conestoga College's station, 88.3. Anyways, they were doing a run down of all the summer concerts going on in the next couple of months. And they mentioned She & Him at the Sound Academy! And I had heard they were coming to TO, but I assumed it would be unaffordable, so I didn't look into it. But then my friend so sweetly announced that tickets were only $34.50!!!!!!

I almost passed out driving.

So when I got home, I immediately went online and bought 2, one for me and one for Julia...the only other person that I know who really enjoys their music enough to go to a show. I didn't tell her right away, because I just love surprising people! But then I was at work and I was chatting with my good friend Meaghan, and I remembered that she is 100% obsessed with Zooey. And I discovered that she loves their music too, so she immediately called our other co-worker, Sarah Applebee, who was at home at the time, and got her to go online and buy 2 more. We were so giddy at this point, we didn't really know what to do with ourselves. I believe Meaghan's exact words were: "I am forever indebted to you for telling me about this concert." haha What a girl. I love her. And Julia. And Sarah.

So we drove down together, had some dinner, and got in line. (PS: the Sound Academy is in such a strange location in a warehouse in the middle of nowhere...) We had to buy T-shirts immediately of course! And then we enjoyed the opening band with the massive crowd, and then our dreams all came true and we got to experience Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward with our very own eyes. We knew Zooey was gonna be amazing, but we had no idea we'd all leave head over heels in love for Matthew Steven Ward. Yes, we looked it up in the car after. All of our breaths were taken away...

Unfortunately no cameras we allowed AT ALL. So this is the only shot I could get on my phone 'cause it has no zoom or flash :(




No comments:

Post a Comment