Monday, June 21, 2010

Goodbye Amanda!

Today, I received some very sad news. My sister heard on the news that Amanda Bynes, one of the funniest girls of ALL time, is retiring from acting for good. She says, "It just isn't fun anymore." Read more here.

So, in lieu of today's sad event, I would like to highlight some of Amanda's riveting career moments in chronological order.

1. The Amanda Show (1999)



Kids doing sketch comedy...who knew? I was so sad when this show ended. I would still watch it if it was on, it was that funny! Clearly I need to get my hands on the seasons!

One of my favourite sketches from The Amanda Show was "Hillbilly Moment" and it went something like this:

Announcer: "It's time for a Hillbilly Moment!" (goofy laugh)
Lula Mae: "Knock, knock."
Eenis: "Who's there?"
Lula Mae: "[object]."
Eenis: "[object] who?"
Lula Mae: "I'm gonna hit you in the head with a/an [object]."
Eenis: (laughs) "Huh?"
Lula Mae hits him in the head with the [object]. Eenis stumbles and sometimes falls over.
Eenis: (laughs) "That's a good'un!"
Lula Mae: "Yup."

I laughed every time!

Another was her character Penelope Taynt, who was "Amanda's Number One Fan Please!"



For the FULL download on The Amanda Show please click here. It will either bring back a flood of memories or just confuse you.

2. What a Girl Wants (2002)




This was when girls everywhere discovered who Oliver James was and immediately had a new obsession.

3. What I Like About You (2002)



I also loved this show.

4. She's the Man (2006)





Where do I even start. I love this movie so much, I pretty much have it memorized. She is hilarious, it's hilarious, there's cute boys, what more do you really need?? If you have not seen this movie, please please please watch it!

She has done some other stuff over the years, but they weren't as awesome. Funny, but not 100% awesome like the others.

Goodbye Amanda! I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment