Tuesday, May 25, 2010

the loop.

I learned something this weekend.

Don't worry about it.

I always claim to be/think I am so free and phlegmatic and a go-with-the-flow kind of person, but this weekend I kinda realized I'm a bit uptight. At the cottage with a bunch of girls, we met some cool people who pretty much fly by the seat of their pants. They live their life by "Don't worry about it" and it made me think... bigtime.

There's so many things I wanna do and see and experience but I don't think i'll get to most of them if I don't relax. I let pressure/expectations from other people define how i live my life, and i don't think that if i keep it up that i'll be ultimately satisfied in the end. I don't think it means i'm gonna go crazy, stop showering, or anything nuts like that but it's the kind of thing that can really just make you happier.

The people we met were super happy, care-free, but ulimtatley comfortable. Content with where they were, where life had brought them and where they were going- something I really enjoyed experiencing firsthand, because it obviously made an impression.

Thanks Joel, Melissa, Mark, and Tyler. I hope we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment