Monday, June 27, 2011

LGFW...a little late.

God has been surprising me in so many cool ways as of late. I've been able to meet so many interesting people and experience such amazing things in the past few months, it's been really cool.

A friend of mine, Jacqueline Ninaber sent me a text back in March asking if I'd like to accompany her to LG Fashion Week. Um, YES!!!!! For those who may not be familiar with Fashion Week, it is: "a fashion industry event, lasting approximately one week, which allows fashion designers, brands or "houses" to display their latest collections in runway shows and buyers to take a look at the latest trends. Most importantly, it lets the industry know what's "in" and what's "out" for the season. The most prominent fashion weeks are held in the four fashion capitals of the world: New York City, London, Milan, and Paris." haha I hope you enjoyed that dictionary definition. I knew it would be no Paris or New York City, but hey, Toronto is the closest thing and I was beyond excited to be offered an opportunity like this! So on Friday April 1, we drove down to the Convention Centre and found our way into the gorgeous Heritage Court. Jacqueline informed me that the show would be OR by Angela Chen - showcasing her Collection for Spring/Summer 2011.







We wandered around a bit and explored. There was a little eating area with the neatest furniture and lamps and even checked out a fun Barbie & Ken booth. After that, I stared at this STUNNING Mercedes convertible for way too long. Next, it was finally time to line up and we were eventually ushered into a dark room where the show would take place. Lots and lots of people packed into a very long and narrow room. We snagged some seats and the show soon began. Lots of crochet combined with tule and other light/airy materials. A lot of pieces I would gladly add to my wardrobe...lots of greys, blacks, and purples.







And then it was over, only 25 minutes long! We left the dark room and I snapped a few more shots of the building, the booths, and some incredible style. Next stop, New York Fashion Week! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment